2010 Family Picture

2010 Family Picture
Family Picture under HB Pier

Saturday, July 3, 2010

The "Staycation" List

Yesterday started the first day of my 9 day "Staycation"! WOOOHOOO!!

So in my preparation, I made a list of things I would like to do during these 9 days with my family...I think it is fun to make a list like this...fun things we want to do, but may not always find the time to do...summer is the best time for these kind of lists, it seems like more things are possible in the summertime...for us, the Olson's, sometimes our "Olson Time" can get in the way of achieving our lists...what do I mean by Olson Time? Well, we sometimes have a " tendency" to be a little bit late...sometimes I think it is because we have great intentions, but the planning and executing of those intentions usually takes a bit longer than we anticipate...so here's hoping our "Staycation" allows us to achieve everything on our list!

Here's the list:
(1) Take Taylor to have her pictures taken
(2) Take the kids to the Discovery Science Center
(3) Go to a water park
(4) Go to the beach
(5) Go to the La Brea Tar pits
(6) Go to a theme park
(7) Have Taylor's 2nd Birthday party...including picking out a Tinkerbell cake and Tinkerbell bouncy
(8) Take the kids to the park


So, here on day 2 we've done pretty good! Taylor had her pictures taken yesterday in a special Harley Davidson outfit (especially for someone special out there)! And, today we went to the Discovery Science Center. I wish I had pictures of today, but this Momma forgot the camera!

I will tell you that the Discovery Center has changed a lot, since the last time we were there...which was over 2 years ago! Both Taylor and Tyler were able to keep themselves amused for 2 hours! That was no small feat, Taylor actually fell asleep in the car on the way there, but she perked up right away and was on the go, go, go! Daddy partnered up with Tyler, and I partnered up with Taylor. It was fun to let the kids go wild...off in different directions...spending as little or as much time as they wanted in the different displays/attractions.

Taylor was a little dare devil! She went on an activity where we sat in a small room and experienced what an earthquake feels like...it was pretty strong! People were amazed that she was brave enough to do it! She also sat in a simulated rocket blast off!!! It was loud and windy and she loved it! Again she amazed everyone! The most brave thing she did was go in a wind tunnel (tornado simulator) with me! The wind tunnel goes fast...she held on for a while, but this Momma eventually stepped out of the booth, it was just to powerful for her...but she did not complain one bit!!!

On the way out, I asked Tyler what his favorite thing was and he couldn't name just one thing! I know he and Daddy explored as much as they could fit into 3 hours! They spent a lot of time up on the 2nd floor, it has changed a lot! Tyler pretty much tried everything!!! He seemed to really like the Grossology section, the hockey area and the rocket area.


That's all for now! Here's a sneak peek at Taylor's photo shoot...compliments of GuyGuy (cousin CheyChey)...thanks for taking this pic with your cell phone...wish we could have gotten more without being too obvious : )


2 comments:

  1. I make lists like this too! Helps me focus! The Harley pic is just too cute:)...Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kara!! I know the feeling, I make "mental" lists, but NEVER accomplish everythihg,,,lol..I love Taylors pic on the bike...too cute...I need to put your blog on my bloglist...mines www.mslonas.blogspot.com...Take care!!

    ReplyDelete