Taking a snack break at the Long Beach Aquarium
Well this post is dedicated to my Baby Cakes, scrumptious little girl...soon she will be 2 years old and I thought I would share her words with you...my friend Julie, who is a Speech Therapist, told me she should be speaking at least 50 words by the age of 2 and Taylor is well on her way at 70 words and counting! Her vocabulary increases every day. And on top of her growing vocabulary, she just spent her first night in a big girl bed last night!!! Aunti LaLa (my sis) brought over a princes toddler bed for her yesterday evening. She was so excited about it until she was placed there at "night night" time. Within minutes she was crying (broke mommy's heart), and made her escape. I put her back in the bed and she wasn't having it! Fortunately Auntie LaLa was still here and she did the dirty work of getting her to stay in the bed...I have to say LaLa was an expert, because after LaLa went in there ONE time, Taylor decided to stay in the bed and she slept there ALL night!!! She did not get up until 8 am...I think she would have slept longer, but Nana insists she was up when she peeked in on her...
Well, now the long awaited list of words that Baby Cakes is saying! Here they are: baby, mommy, daddy, dada, nonie (dogs name, Rhoney), Sadie (dogs name), bruder (brother), bacco (tabasco), agua (spanish for water), cookie, baba (bottle), LaLa (auntie), Bichel (Michael), Auntie, Nana, apple, ongie (orange), Lita (her daycare, Olga...short for Abuelita - spanish for grandma), Tiny (Jeff's sister), Ganma (Grandma), racias (gracias, spanish for thank you), por favor (spanish for thank you), tank you (thank you), eggies (scrambled eggs), leggy (leg), No, Yes, pretty, pato (zapato, spanish for shoe), rella (umbrella), peas (please), night night, I do, poo poo, pee pee, yummy, pink, doggie, cat, cake, offee (coffee), bubbles, coke, tea, nana (banana), ball, mas (spanish for more), down (can mean up or down), duck, blankie, moon, book, shoe, bear, mine, bye bye, side (can mean inside or outside), slide, chair, sit, no no, kitty, mmm, eat, cheese, ucky (yucky), ewww (something yucky), money and whoa!
Beautiful pictures! I used to shop at South Coast Plaza! :-) Lori
ReplyDelete