2010 Family Picture

2010 Family Picture
Family Picture under HB Pier

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Staycation Updates & Picture Parade : )

A week has gone by since the Staycation ended, so I thought I would update everyone on what we were able to achieve from the "list". We did pretty good, and the remaining items WILL be done before the summer ends.

Here's the list:
(1) Take Taylor to have her pictures taken - DONE
(2) Take the kids to the Discovery Science Center - DONE
(3) Go to a water park - not yet : (
(4) Go to the beach - DONE
(5) Go to the La Brea Tar pits - DONE (also Natural History Museum)
(6) Go to a theme park - not yet : (
(7) Have Taylor's 2nd Birthday party...including picking out a Tinkerbell cake and Tinkerbell bouncy - DONE
(8) Take the kids to the park - DONE


Now for the picture parade! Over this past week, I was getting sentimental about Taylor being 2 years old, I was going back and looking at pictures of when she was first born. Many of you know our journey to our daughter was a long one. Fortunately for us we were chosen by wonderful birth parents/birth family, who we remain in contact with through emails, pictures, letters, phone calls and even facebook. I cannot explain how amazing this has been... I guess you have to be there, or walk in our shoes to really understand the relationship, emotions and feelings I have about this. So, in honor of our beautiful, perfect Taylor, I thought I would share some "then and now" pictures. I think it is amazing how much Taylor has changed over just 2 years.


2 Years Ago

My first time holding Taylor in NICU


One of Jeff's first times holding Taylor


Closeup with Binky


Tyler's first time seeing his Baby Sister (looks like true love)


Now

Hide and Seek

Chillin with Nana's Tea


At the Beach


Yummy Chocolate




















2 comments:

  1. She is just soooo cute Kara!! Glad God has blessed you all w/a daughter...One day when their older, I think we'll appreciate it even more then!! Miss you guys,,thanks for commenting on my blog, I thought no one was reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! She's gorgeous. She looked so tiny when she was born. Sweet! Lori

    ReplyDelete